Join an enthusiastic team of professionals covering the entire spectrum of the real estate development process!
We are looking for team players displaying similar values to the ones of Speedwell: sustainable, smart, trustworthy, open, passionate, and committed.
We are currently on the look for a Senior Architect.
The Senior Architect provides a wide variety of precise design operations within the organization’s ongoing and future residential, office and mixed-use development projects. The position refers to working as an architect within a large, dynamic, and enthusiastic real estate development SuperTeam, consisting of driven professionals, from project and construction managers to asset and leasing directors, having the opportunity to develop new and solid professional experience and to advance within the company.
As a Senior Architect, you will offer a solid support to the residential and office development team:
- Elaborate functional and coherent design layouts, concepts, BOQ and execution for residential, office and mixed-use buildings.
- Understand potential constrains and limitations, related to the specific program.
- Design and understand the company’s criteria and development objectives, following the same principles from concept to implementation.
- Quickly adapt to new ideas and explore multiple and alternative solutions to achieve the ongoing objectives.
- Maintain a close line of communication with all involved parties, both internal and external to collect and incorporate the correct information.
- Coordinate specific project details, regarding deadlines and implementations of technical requirements.
- Keep a good track of all project information, changes and layouts and frequently update the plans, procurement lists and commercial layouts.
- Support sales team with commercial layouts, sales materials and specific technical information extracted from the project.
- Review and design architectural and engineering plans.
- Ensure all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulations.
- Research and maintain knowledge of various engineering disciplines, application methods, and materials.
- Monitor the work of other Architects and making recommendations or scheduling workshops as required.
- Provide guidance to subcontractors and help them interpret design specifications.
- Liaise with development team to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Ensure the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
- Act as a mentor to new Architects and help them fine-tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
- Network and consult with various industry professionals.
Skill and Qualifications
Your Building Blocks of Success
- Interact effectively with other colleagues and departments, communicating clearly, and understanding established objectives.
- Excellent organization, planning, motivation, interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize and objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend the bigger picture of the project, in relation to all design specialties, critical thinking, complex problem solving, and decision-making ability.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with multitasking skills and ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general building codes, construction methods, priorities, and phases.
- Comply with the internal regulation of the company, strong professional ethics and self-driven for professional development.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or complementary design fields. Other diploma/certificate for post university studies is not mandatory, but preferable.
- Minimum five to eight years of experience in a design office, real estate development company or general contractor team.
- At least two to three years of experience in design/development of medium and/or large residential and/or office projects (portfolio of similar works, in a coordination position)
- Proven experience in design coordination and working with multi-disciplinary teams; references can be required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, or similar software and Microsoft Office is a must, experienced in Revit or similar software is highly preferable.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration corresponding to qualifications and experience
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to grow in a dynamic real estate company
- Mobile phone, laptop, private medical subscription
- Annual performance review
- Long term service related benefits
How to apply
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a fast-paced agile environment, want to grow and are inspired to be a part of the company excellence, we are the future!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Speedwell was founded in 2014 by combining the rationality and creativity of developing to create a unique team and an a-typical developer. Speedwell has grown to be a team with in-house architects, designers, legal and fiscal advisors, an in-house commercial team and project managers, thus covering the full spectrum of the real estate development process. The team comprises of highly experienced real estate professionals with an exceptional track-record, combining a multi-disciplinary skill-base integrated along the entire property value-creation chain.
From the very beginning, Speedwell’s main objective is to deliver superior quality projects, based on the community’s and city’s needs, sustainability and high standards of comfort. Reaching this goal is a commitment taken by the entire team. Speedwell’s current portfolio consist of 1.5B€ of development value targeted to large projects. This focus enables us to create new hubs of life by combining international experience and our design values: Resourceful, Accessible, Respect for history, Shared, Safe, Desirable and Technology.